Every adult lives a child who loves to have fun and appreciates the simple joys of life - after all, children bring something new every day! Let's diversify your dining table with unusual elements - jelly worms that can be used in many dishes and variations! Such edible design elements of dishes will make everyone at the table exclaim with admiration or open their mouth in surprise!
The gelatinous mass after solidification can take any form. It all depends on the creative flight of the cook. The impressive jelly worms, the recipe of which we will now study, look like real ones, especially if you try to reproduce their appearance in color. Such a dish can become the central event of the evening and cause fun and jokes at the table.
- Pour the fruit jelly powder with hot boiled water. Water should be measured less than indicated on the jelly packaging, about half. After swelling, stir well until a homogeneous solution is obtained.
- We take the tubes and tie them with an elastic band so that they fit snugly together. We put them in a glass or a jar with the ribbed part down - again, they should fit snugly to the bottom and walls of the glass.
4. We take out the jelly frozen in the tubes and dip them in hot water for a few seconds. Next, easily squeeze the contents of the tubes onto a plate. 5. We use jelly worms as an independent dish or as design elements in other sweet foods.
* Cooking tip:
Colored worms are very popular with children! You can diversify their appearance by pouring jellies of different colors into straws. In this case, pour each new jelly solution onto the already frozen previous one. Then we get striped jelly worms.
Halloween is replete with practical jokes. A palm full of earthworms or earthworms is one of the most affordable! Of course, children and women react most emotionally to such rallies.
How to make worms out of jelly so that they fully mimic the rain? It is enough to choose a fruit jelly composition of a suitable color. For example, blueberry, blackcurrant or plum.
You can also use fruit and berry preserves in your bins. Blackcurrant and mulberry preserves would be especially suitable, although any can be used.
But here the cooking technology is somewhat different: we take 2 tablespoons of gelatin and dissolve in a glass of hot water. Separately, dissolve a glass of sugar in a glass of water, bring to a boil and add jam. Cook for a couple of minutes, and filter after cooling. At the last stage, mix both solutions and get a jelly mass. Next, pour into the tubes.
Have a merry Halloween!
Ideas for Using Jelly Worms
Squeeze the contents of the straws, put it on a flat dish and sprinkle with powdered sugar. The powder can be replaced with sugar, but the crystals will stay on the worms only if they are rolled over the sugar with a slight pressure. Kids really like these sweets. For more convenient consumption, long sweet pasta can be cut into more convenient pieces.
Decorating cakes and pastries
From jelly worms of different colors, you can put any pattern on the surface of the cake: flowers, leaves, spirals, trellises, etc. But the cakes, especially the baskets, can be issued in a completely unexpected way. For example, fill them with protein cream, insert worms into the cream, imitating hair, draw eyes and a mouth. Here are such funny little men in sand baskets.
Fruits and desserts comic
In almost all fruits, you can make holes and insert jelly worms into them. The effect of “bursting emotions”, especially if the color of our imitation resembles real worms!
You can also serve chocolate desserts in bowls, the color of which resembles earthen soil, and jelly worms stick out from the soil. Awesome experience, especially for women and children! The evening promises to be unforgettable and fun!
Gelatin is an extract from the cartilage and bones of animals, i.e. is a product of animal origin. Gelatin is very good for the health of our joints and bones and is an easy preventive measure against their appearance.
Gelatin can be replaced with agar-agar (algae!), Which are rich in calcium and are able to absorb toxins from the human body. Pectin also has jelly-forming properties, which also helps rejuvenate the body. You can buy pectin and agar-agar in specialized departments of stores that sell spices and seasonings, or in green pharmacies.
Jelly worms are an excellent, unusual dish for boring eaters. We eat colored jelly pasta with a laugh and treat our bones and joints. We restore health and healthy food and positive!
Ingredients needed to make a worm:
2 packs (3 ounces) Raspberry Jelly
1 pack of unflavored gelatin (high hardness)
3/4 cup whipped cream
3 cups boiling water
15 drops of green food coloring
100 pieces of flexible straws (or enough to fill your container)
Tall container (per 1 liter or liter milk carton)
How to make a worm:
1) Pour gelatin into a bowl and add boiling water.
2) Let the solution cool to warm, and then add whipped cream and 15 drops of green food coloring.
3) Collect your straws (do not forget to bend them) and put in a container. It is important that the straws have a tight fit, then the jelly will fall into the straw. For this reason, a liter box of juice may be the best option. You can make the worms longer, as you will have the necessary stiffness and height. If you have a large container, fasten the straws with an elastic band. Or you can simply add more straws to fill the container, then there will be more worms made.
4) Add the gelatin mixture to the container filled with straws and leave it alone until the jelly hardens.
5) There are several ways how you can remove worms from straws. You can roll the straws like a rolling pin, and the worms will slip out of them, or you can place the straws in warm water. Made worms will also slip out.
And voila! Jelly worms are served on the table. Share your recipes for making a worm!
Life cycle of the darkling beetle (mealworm)
The cycle consists of several stages:
- Darkling beetles lay eggs. The incubation period lasts from 1 to 4 weeks, after which the larvae hatch from the eggs.
- The stage of larvae (called flour worms) lasts 8–10 weeks.
- Then the worms turn into pupae, and a gradual metamorphosis begins in the beetles. This process can last from 1 to 3 weeks.
- The formed beetles live 4–16 weeks.
As you can see, the life cycle of flour mealworm takes several weeks, so it will take you some time to provide the chickens with enough of their favorite food. In addition, you will need to leave a few worms so that they turn into beetles - the life cycle should be constantly repeated.
At the top box, you need to cut the bottom and replace it with a mesh, which will allow the eggs of the beetles to fall into the middle box. It would be possible to do without a net, but beetles often kill and eat pupae, so their separation will allow you to better track the process of transformation into beetles. Watching a metamorphosis (transformation) is never boring! The dolls that you placed in the top drawer eventually turn into egg-laying beetles. Pupae do not eat or drink, but bugs need to be given lettuce leaves and put pieces of cardboard or half packages of eggs on the bottom so that they can hide under them.