Our experienced team of editors and researchers contributed to this article and tested it for accuracy and completeness.
A team of content managers carefully monitors the work of editors to ensure that each article meets our high quality standards.
In this article, we will tell you how to enable notifications on reading your SMS messages on Samsung Galaxy. Notifications will only work if a person has opened an SMS message in the same application and if notifications on reading messages are also included on his smartphone.
How to enable SMS delivery report in Galaxy S9 with Android 8
The instruction is also suitable for Samsung Galaxy A and J series phones of the last years of release.
- Launch the Samsung application Messages.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings:
Apart from this, you can enable or disable MMS delivery reports. To do this, go to Messages> Settings> Advanced> MMS and activate Delivery Reports in the same way.
How to enable the delivery report function
- Go to "Applications" - "Messages"
- Next- “Options” (or three points, depending on the model of smartphone)
- “SMS” (on some models “Advanced” - “SMS”)
- The delivery report should already be on this screen. Turn on a checkmark or slider.
How to find out about the delivery of previously sent SMS
This method will work if you have already enabled the message delivery report function.
- Find the SMS for which you want to receive a report
- Click on the message and hold for a couple of seconds
- A menu will appear where you need to click on "Details" or "View details"
You will receive a report on the screen about the message delivered or not. If the report function has not been enabled, you can only find out if the message was sent successfully.
Turn on the delivery report on the old Galaxy phone with Android 4
Log in Messages:
Press button Menu:
In section SMS settings check the box Delivery Reports:
Done. If you have questions, ask in the comments. I’ll try to tell if I can.
Also, if the setting is different on your phone model, write in the comments. Let other people find it with your help.