Each representative of the fair sex wants to have attractive and shining curls. At the same time, modern girls prefer natural and natural forms of hair care. So you can quickly and effectively achieve your goal at home. It is coconut oil that will help to cure and strengthen the hairs, will contribute to their active growth. What is the advantage of this tool and how to use it correctly, read in our article.
Features and Benefits
The fact that coconut oil has miraculous properties has been known since ancient times. It incorporates vitamins, saturated fats and antioxidants. With this tool you can get not only strong and healthy strands, but also forget about dandruff. You can highlight the main advantages of the tool:
- Natural organic product. Oil has many nutrients. You can improve the condition of your hair at home. You do not have to attend expensive procedures at the hairdresser.
- This tool helps to smooth and prevent wrinkles. Soothes coconut and skin after sun or hair removal. You can restore the elastic structure of the dermis.
- This tool will help to effectively relieve stress and tension after a hard working day. Breathing in the coconut aroma, you will tune in to good luck, catch a wave of positive and good mood. Such aromatherapy will help you boost morale, be active and entrepreneurial all day.
- Surprisingly, this particular oil helps fight fatty deposits, for example, in the abdomen. It is this tool that helps to speed up the metabolism, prolong the feeling of fullness.
- Strengthens coconut and immune system. The active substances that make up the product help fight viruses and bacteria. Accelerates wound healing.
- Availability. Modern manufacturers offer various fluid options. You can make a purchase at a reasonable price, while not spending all your savings.
- There are many recipes for masks that will help you achieve your goal. You can improvise, making your own recipes. In this case, it should be remembered that all the ingredients must be balanced, taken in moderation.
- Great mood. When you have strong and healthy hair, your mood will be fine. You will feel confident and at ease. And the best confirmation of your beauty will be the enthusiastic looks of passers-by.
Types and benefits
It should be noted that coconut is involved in the production of this product. The method of cold pressing produces oil. It can be unrefined and refined. The first has a large amount of beneficial acids and fats for the body, and also has a pleasant smell. However, it is such a tool that should be used very carefully, dosed. The composition of the liquid includes gum substances, which can cause acne.
You should not use such a tool for oily scalp. So the roots will have the effect of contamination. But, for example, you can use refined oil without any restrictions. However, it is worth remembering that its composition will not smell and has no color. Apply the drug to dry unwashed hair. If the curls are wet, then the water will simply push the product away, and it will not be able to penetrate deep into the hair.
Accordingly, unrefined oil will cost more. The effect of it will be understandable much better. However, there is no one opinion which oil is best used. After all, refined and not harmful, and also stored longer.
It is worth saying that this tool has a low melting point (25 degrees Celsius). If you keep the product in the refrigerator, it will be solid. However, heating the substance in the palms, it will melt very quickly.
Beauty and Care
1. Cuticle Care. With coconut oil, you can get rid of dryness and flaking of the cuticle by simply rubbing it into the skin around the nail plates. In addition, during this you will also moisturize your skin.
2. Moisturizing the hair. Coconut oil is a natural alternative to ready-made hair conditioners. The fatty acids that it contains soften strands and do not contain additional chemicals that make up air conditioners. A quick recipe for a hair mask: mix coconut oil with honey, apply to hair, hold for 40 minutes and rinse with your regular shampoo. You can also prevent split ends of your hair by applying a little coconut oil to them before each shampoo.
3. Styling. If your hair is prone to curling in wet weather, apply a little coconut oil to the problem areas. It will create a protective film that does not leak moisture.
4. Care for dull skin. Coconut oil will also restore color and shine to your skin. Just mix a little oil with baking soda (soda is a great natural scrub) and apply on your face with soft circular motions and massage a little. Rinse off the mask with warm water.
5. Antibacterial face mask. Another recipe for a quick homemade facial mask with moisturizing and antibacterial properties is coconut oil and honey. Mix these two ingredients together and apply on clean skin for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
6. Hydration of the lips. By mixing coconut oil with brown sugar, you get an excellent lip scrub, and just applying coconut oil is a natural alternative to hygienic lipstick.
7. Body Care. Mix coconut oil with salt or brown sugar, add a few drops of essential oil - and you have a body scrub ready. To moisturize the skin, you can add coconut oil to the water while taking a bath.
8. Lip gloss. If you have a favorite lipstick that has already ended, you can get the rest of it from the applicator, mix it with coconut oil, and you will get lip gloss.
9. Makeup remover. Using coconut oil, you can remove makeup or make-up by simply applying it to the skin, leaving it for 5 minutes and then wiping it with a damp cloth. You can also remove waterproof mascara from eyelashes.
10. Instead of shaving cream. Coconut oil can also be an excellent substitute for shaving cream, as it improves the sliding of the blades and moisturizes the skin. Especially good for people with sensitive skin.
11. The fight against acne. To reduce inflammation and skin irritation, apply a thin layer of coconut oil to it after normal cleaning. It has bactericidal properties and will create a protective layer.
12. Prevention of wrinkles. Coconut oil is a good alternative to expensive anti-aging creams and serums, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles. Just apply a little oil to the skin around the eyes and massage gently.
13. Care for the scalp. Massaging the scalp with coconut oil will help get rid of dandruff and prevent its reappearance.
14. Sunburn. If you are sunburned, apply a little coconut oil on the reddened areas of the skin, it will reduce irritation, moisturize the skin and minimize exfoliation.
15. Eczema. Since coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties, it will help reduce itching and irritation of the skin affected by eczema.
16. Home spa treatments. Combine coconut oil with a few drops of your favorite essential oil and you will have an excellent massage oil for home spa treatments.
17. Foot care. Coconut oil will soften the skin of your legs no worse than an expensive cream, and also act as a deodorant and antiseptic. In order to better cope with the unpleasant smell of the legs, add a few drops of tea tree oil to coconut oil.
18. Care for eyelashes. Using coconut oil, you can strengthen your eyelashes by simply applying a little oil to them before bedtime.
19. Wax removal. If you use wax for hair removal, coconut oil will come in handy to remove residue from skin or other surfaces. Apply a little oil to sticky places and gently remove the remaining wax with a damp washcloth.
20. Shine on leather products. Just wipe the surface of the leather items with coconut oil, and you will return them to their original shine.
21. Removing chewing gum. Coconut oil will help remove residues or stains from chewing gum from any surface, including carpets and even hair.
22. Cleaning the bathroom. Instead of harsh chemicals for cleaning in the bathroom, you can take ordinary coconut oil, which will also remove dirt and disinfect the surface.
23. Care for wooden appliances and furniture. Coconut oil will be an excellent care product for all wood products, including kitchen utensils (cutting boards, spoons, spatulas) and furniture. Effective disinfection and protection against drying out.
24. Cleaning metal objects. Coconut oil will give shine to tarnished metal objects, and will also help remove rust from their surface.
25. Grease for hinges. With coconut oil, you can get rid of the squeak of the loop by simply lubricating them.
26. Caring for the guitar. Coconut oil can be used to lubricate guitar strings.
27. Opening a jammed lightning. If you cannot open the jacket or bag, apply a little coconut oil to the zipper and the problem will be solved.
28. Ignition of a fire. Instead of chemical kindling, cotton balls moistened with coconut oil can be used.
29. Preventing lumps of wool. To prevent your cat from tearing up lumps of wool, lubricate the pads of its paws with coconut oil.
30. Hair care. In addition to taking care of your own hair with coconut oil, you can also do this for your pets. The coat of your cat or dog will be healthy and shiny.
31. Nutrition. Including coconut oil in an animal’s diet can help prevent arthritis, avoid ligament problems, and regulate weight. Be sure to consult your veterinarian before changing your pet's diet.
32. Removing itching. If you notice that your dog is constantly scratching a specific area, apply a little coconut oil on it to relieve irritation and itching. Of course, after consulting with a veterinarian.
33. Additive to tea or coffee. Try adding a few drops of coconut oil to your morning drink instead of sugar or honey. Oil is a good sweetener.
34. Homemade peanut butter. Place the peeled nuts and coconut oil in a blender, and after a few minutes you will have finished natural nut butter.
35. Cooking fried foods. Coconut oil can be replaced with sunflower, which we usually use to fry foods. Coconut oil has a high smoke point, so much less free radicals are released during frying.
36. Salad dressings. To diversify your salad menu, try replacing olive oil with coconut.
37. Butter for toast. Another way to diversify your menu the next time you make toast is to simply replace your usual coconut oil. Top with sprinkled cinnamon.
38. Addition to the smoothie. Using coconut oil, you can also make your own “energy” smoothie by adding a teaspoon of coconut oil to the dish. A boost of vigor is provided to you.
39. Baking. Coconut oil can be used in baking, including pies, cookies or baked goods, the recipes of which include a large amount of vegetable fats.
40. Cooking popcorn. Do you like sweet popcorn? In this case, cook it in coconut oil instead of sunflower.
41. Greasing dishes. Use coconut oil to grease the dishes before baking to prevent the food from sticking to the walls.
42. Oral hygiene. Coconut oil whitens teeth, improves skin, removes toxins and kills microbes, which is why it is used in Ayurveda practice, including for oral hygiene. The recipe is simple: every day, keep in your mouth two tablespoons of oil for 10 minutes, like a normal mouthwash.
43. Prevention of irritation. Coconut oil not only helps to avoid skin irritation and diaper rash, but also relieves symptoms that have already manifested (redness, itching, etc.). Mix coconut oil with calendula and a soothing cream and apply the mixture to the affected area of the skin. Oil can also be added to baby cream if the baby suffers from diaper rash.
44. Treatment of cough. To get rid of a sore throat and reduce cough, take a little coconut oil in its pure form or add it to tea.
45. Relaxation and stress relief. Coconut oil works great as an aromatherapy. You can also take a little oil on your fingertips and massage your scalp and whiskey to relieve stress and relax.
46. The fight against lice. Another possible use of coconut oil. The recipe is this: rinse your hair with a solution of apple cider vinegar and let it dry. After that, apply coconut oil on your hair, put on a protective cap and leave it on for 24 hours. After that, comb the hair and wash it.
47. Treatment of herpes. Coconut oil has an antiviral effect, so it can help stop the development of herpes if applied to the skin at a time when you only feel discomfort, tingling or burning.
48. Care for minor wounds. Also, with the help of coconut oil, you can prevent dirt and bacteria from getting into small cuts and scratches on the body by simply applying a little oil to them. Get a good barrier.
49. Treatment of bites. Coconut oil will reduce itching from mosquito bites.
50. Treatment of yeast infections. Coconut oil is sometimes used as an adjuvant to treat yeast infections and is applied topically.
51. Regulation of cholesterol. Due to the content of lauric acid, coconut oil can increase the level of "good" cholesterol, taking care of our heart and blood vessels.
52. Benefits for the stomach. Regular consumption of coconut oil is good for the stomach and often helps fight serious illnesses (ulcers, Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome). Of course, before using coconut oil as a medicine, you should consult your doctor.
53. Reduction of airway congestion. To make breathing easier during colds, mix coconut oil with tea tree oil and rosemary oil and apply the mixture on the skin under the nose and chest.
54. Repelling insects. Coconut oil not only reduces itching after insect bites, but can also be used as a deterrent. To do this, mix coconut oil with essential oil such as peppermint, rosemary or tea tree.
55. Moisturizing the skin of the breast of nursing mothers. To prevent the skin from drying out and cracks in the nipples, lubricate them with coconut oil.
56. Acceleration of metabolism. Coconut oil improves metabolism due to the presence of saturated fats in its composition, which are easily absorbed and used by the liver for energy, and also stimulate the burning of one's own fat.
57. Hygiene of the auricles. Using coconut oil, sulfur can be easily removed from the auricles by dipping a cotton swab in the oil for a second and gently cleaning the ear canal.
58. Benefits for bones. Coconut oil improves the absorption of calcium and magnesium by the body, which our bones need so much.
Do you use coconut oil in everyday life? Share your observations and recipes in the comments.