Fish cakes - a delicate, aromatic, incredibly tasty and, in addition to everything else, diet dish. Which can saturate the body for a long time and goes well with a variety of side dishes and sauces.
Meanwhile, in order for the fish cakes to be tasty and juicy, it is important to know all the tricks of cooking this dish, which I decided to tell about. Moreover, the fishing season is about to open.
I, like many, will go fishing, catch a pike and cook excellent fish cakes from it, the right ones with pork. Yummy!
What fish to make cutlets from - choose fish
Firstly, in order for the cutlets to be aromatic and healthy, it is important to choose the right fish for freshness. If the fish product has any extraneous odor or the carcasses are badly damaged, you should not take such a product for cutlets.
Now about what kind of fish is most suitable for cooking cutlets.
In this case, fish of various types — sea, river, lake — is different, here everything will depend on human preferences. A great choice for cutlets is halibut, pelengasius, pollock, pink salmon, cod, pike fillet. The main thing is to give preference to low-fat and not too dry sort of fish, that’s the whole secret of choice.
Do not be upset if you took too dry or vice versa oily fish. In the first case, you can add a little fat to the dish, and in the second, on the contrary, cut off the excess fat.
In addition, larger fish should be chosen for cutlets. In this case, you can easily remove the bones from the carcass, plus it is not necessary to grind it into minced meat, you can simply chop it into small pieces.
If in the nearest store or on the market there are no large fish, I advise you to pass small carcasses through the meat grinder 2-3 times no less. So all the bones are well grinded and will not spoil the taste of cutlets.
How to cook minced fish, what can be added to cutlets
The taste and juiciness of fish cakes will directly depend on the minced meat from which the dish is prepared. In order to make good minced fish, it is important to know a few secrets of its preparation.
1. You can add a wide variety of ingredients to your taste in minced meat for fish cakes. It can be milk, cabbage, carrots, all kinds of spices and cereals. But the main components of a good tasty minced fish always remain bread, eggs and water.
2. Before starting to form cutlets, add bread to the minced meat, which is soaked for five minutes in cold water or in a mixture of water with white wine. In this case, you do not need to squeeze the bread before adding, then roll it together with the liquid in a meat grinder and you're done.
3. Be sure to add eggs to the cutlet mass. Remember, eggs are a binder in this case, which holds together the ingredients (bread, water, cereals, if you add them). The fish, passed through a meat grinder, turns out to be quite liquid and does not bond well with the other components, and therefore eggs are required here. With them, the forcemeat turns out uniform, and the cutlets are more juicy and tasty.
4. For juiciness, you can add a little grated on a fine grater potatoes or a couple of spoons of fat cream to the fish mass.
5. From cereals to minced fish, you can add semolina, oatmeal or a little buckwheat to your taste. Of vegetables, carrots, onions and cabbage are most suitable for this dish.
6. To prepare more savory and original cutlets, you can add cottage cheese, onion, grated apples, grated apples, garlic, greens to the mass for frying.
7. With regard to spices, here is an amateur, but salt and black pepper in a dish should be present in any case. In addition to them, you can add a little ground coriander, dried thyme or basil.
Secrets and tricks on how to fry or stew fish cakes
What you add to minced fish now you know, but how to cook the cutlets themselves so that they are juicy, crispy, fragrant, mouth-watering? And to get the fish cakes correct and tasty, I give some more advice.
To make the refreshment juicy, regardless of whether you fry the dish or cook in the oven, put a small ice floe and a tiny piece of butter in the center of each formed fish patty.
The molded specimens are important to roll first before frying or baking, first in flour, then in an egg spread to a froth and in breadcrumbs. This will save all the juices inside the product. Instead of flour, breadcrumbs can be used in this case. The last layer can be excluded, it will depend on your taste preferences.
Put the meat patties in a pan or baking sheet only after preheating the vegetable oil in them well. At the same time, you should not add too much oil, as cutlets quickly absorb all the fat and turn out, so to speak, not very useful.
First, the fish product should be fried on one side and the other on high heat. Then the fire is reduced, the pan is covered with a lid and the dish is cooked on one and the second side for about 5-12 minutes more (depending on size).
How to serve fish cutlets
An excellent side dish for fish cakes is rice, boiled or mashed potatoes, stewed vegetables, pasta.
To give the dish a special sharpness and taste, sauce is also served on the fish cutlets. Successfully prepared in this case, the sauce can not only diversify the serving, but also make the dish itself an incredibly delicious delicacy.
Sauces for fish cakes
Sauces with the addition of lemon juice, sour cream, cream, mayonnaise, dry wine and tomato paste are perfect in this case.
1. For example, a delicious French sauce. To prepare it, you need to mix the flour fried to a golden pleasant color in butter with fish broth. To enter into this composition, by the way, it should be homogeneous without lumps, egg yolk, a little pepper, salt, about 20 grams of oil. Bring everything to a boil, then flavor the sauce with lemon juice and let it cool before serving.
To taste, you can add a little thyme, basil, tarragon, fennel, sage, anise, ginger, oregano or coriander to the sauce.
2. Another recipe for fishcake sauce that I can offer is mayonnaise-based sauce. To prepare it, mix lemon juice (a teaspoon) with mayonnaise (180 ml.), Chopped fresh dill, a pinch of salt and pepper, half a teaspoon of sugar.
When this mass is ready, it will remain to add one or two pickled cucumbers finely chopped into it and everything is ready. You can serve with fish cutlets and enjoy the taste of the resulting dish.
3. Well, tomato sauce. To cook it, you should take a thick tomato paste (3 tablespoons), any ketchup to your taste (in the same amount as pasta), fat sour cream (3 tablespoons), sifted flour or starch (1 spoon), 30 gr. butter, a little salt and any spices for fish.
Next, you need to heat the pan, fry the flour on a golden hue, combine with melted butter, mix. Introduce ketchup, tomato paste and sour cream to the existing ingredients, mix well (remember, there should be no lumps in the sauce), salt, add spices and 3-4 tablespoons of water, cover, bring to a boil and turn off.
Let the sauces cool and can be served. It is worth noting that such a sauce can be served separately, as well as pouring ready-made cutlets into the oven during cooking and serving directly with them, pouring the whole side dish with liquid mass.
I hope the tips come in handy and you get the most worthy fish cakes in the world. More detailed recipes will be later, I will surely pick up interesting ones. There will be recipes for pike cutlets and cooking them in the oven.
Eh, it will be necessary to catch a bigger pike, I wanted to hurt the cutlets!
How to cook boneless fish patties: 3 easy ways
Before proceeding to the description of specific recipes, we’ll take note of several ways to cook boneless fish cakes:
- Of course, the easiest option is to buy a ready-made fish fillet in a store, turn it into minced meat and quickly cook a delicious dish. Convenient, practical, but uneconomical.
- The second way is to buy fish, but remove only large bones. We grind it in a meat grinder several times, as a result, after heat treatment, the bones become so small that they are almost not noticeable. Conveniently, but still multiple grinding of minced meat slightly dries the finished product. Therefore, it is necessary to add juicy components - bread or cream soaked in water, onions, etc.
- Another way is to buy fish that does not have small bones. We remove the tail, fins and spine. Convenient, tasty, and most importantly - this is a classic option that gives the most complete taste of fish cutlets.
You can cook fish cakes from these types of fish (without small bones):
- pink salmon,
- large carp,
- 1 kg of fish
- 3 onions,
- 1 carrot (optional)
- half a glass of milk,
- slice of bread,
- 4 chicken eggs
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil for frying,
- salt and spices - at your discretion.
Recipe for cooking with photos (step by step)
Step 1. First you need to clean the fish: remove the head and all the fins, remove the entrails (from the side of the abdomen), and also clean the skin by completely removing the top layer. Rinse, cut the fish into pieces and rinse again. Meanwhile, soak the bread in milk - he just has time to soak.
Step 2. Then chop the onions and carrots, fry in hot oil until soft (literally 7-10 minutes).
This step is optional, someone likes to crunch vegetables in the finished cutlet. Therefore, you need to focus on your taste. However, carrots in any case should be pre-fried, otherwise it will not have time to cook.
Step 3 Now comes the moment of choice. To get minced fish, you can skip the fillet through a meat grinder (blender) or chop with a knife.
The second option will take 5 minutes more time, but minced meat is always tastier than gruel. In addition, this method is the basis of the recipe for really tasty fish cakes. Chopped meat retains juiciness, making it tender and pleasant.
Step 4 Introduce the minced spices, salt to taste. Add the fried vegetables (without butter) and chicken eggs. Do not forget about soaked bread - here you can definitely pass it through a meat grinder.
Step 5 Next, simply mold the cutlets and fry them over high heat for 5 minutes on each side (no longer needed - otherwise they will become too stiff). Previously, you can slightly roll the patties in flour or breadcrumbs. But you don’t need to add flour to the stuffing itself - the dish will turn out not as tender and juicy as we would like.
Juicy fish cakes
Step 6 Serve such juicy fish cutlets with any side dish and certainly with herbs. And still, a slight acidity, which can be "obtained" with the help of a lemon slice, does not hurt. And the lemon looks very beautiful, if not festive.
Fish cutlets with lemon
By the way, in time and calorie content, fish cakes are one of the most successful dishes:
- It takes about 30-40 minutes.
- Calorie content per 100 g of the finished product depends on the type of fish, but on average it is about 150 kcal, if fry in oil. If steamed, much less - about 115 kcal.
If you want to show imagination, you can make cutlets of fish of an unusual shape. Such an unusual technique will surely arouse the appetite of gourmets, and most importantly, for kids, who usually do not treat fish very well.
Fish cutlets - easy to cook and serve
How to cook juicy and simple fish cakes tasty - recipe
Among very simple and at the same time delicious recipes for cooking fish cutlets (with comments and photos), you can find such a way.
Let's try to make a delicate dish with a creamy taste. It will give a little more calories, about 170-200 kcal per 100 g. But this method of preparation is more original and interesting.
- fish - 1 kg
- eggs (only squirrels) - 2 pieces,
- onions - 1 piece,
- butter - 3 tablespoons,
- dill is a small twig
- garlic - 2 small cloves,
- white bread - 3 slices,
- cream or milk - half a glass,
- salt and spices - at your discretion.
For this dish, it is better to take a fillet with an inexpressive taste - for example, pollock or cod. After all, meat is only for calories, and the taste is created by completely different components.
We will act like this
Step 1. We wash, clean, cut and turn the fish into minced meat. In this case, you can safely use a meat grinder, because cutlets certainly will not be dry.
Step 2 We put white bread without crust in milk or cream of any fat content. It is enough for him to lie down for 5 minutes. By the way, this is a great way to "recycle" stale bread.
Step 3 Meanwhile, we separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the whisk whites and add a little salt to them. This consistency should be obtained.
Step 4 Add proteins to the minced meat, and finely chopped greens, garlic, salt and spices. We mix everything.
Step 5 From such stuffing it is better to form small cutlets to fry them in just 6 minutes - 3 minutes on each side. Fire at high, hot oil.
We serve our juicy fish cakes with a side dish, fresh vegetables or sauce - say, sweet and sour or tkemali. Enjoy your meal!
Fish cutlets (classic recipe)
Fish cutlets with filling: recipe with photo
Well, now a master class for real gourmets. Yes, and beginners in the kitchen will surely appreciate this recipe, because a cutlet with a filling is always better than just a cutlet.
As a filling for fish cakes, you can use:
- stewed vegetables (e.g. onions, carrots, bell peppers),
- cheese and green onions,
- stewed onions with mushrooms,
- boiled shrimp (or other seafood),
- boiled eggs with any greens and sour cream,
- boiled rice with stewed vegetables.
The general principle is clear: the filling should be ready in advance, because the dish itself is prepared in minutes. And one more nuance - the cutlet is molded very carefully, it must be breaded so that it does not fall apart in the pan.
- fish fillet - 0.5 kg,
- chicken egg - 2 pieces,
- white bread - 2 slices without crust,
- half a glass of milk or cream,
- hard cheese - 100 g (medium slice),
- green onions and dill - 1 sprig,
- bread crumbs - 3 large spoons,
- vegetable oil for frying - as much
- salt and spices - at your discretion.
How to cook fish fillet with filling
Step 1. We get minced fish - finely chop the flesh of the fish or pass through a meat grinder.
Step 2 Add 1 egg, spices and bread previously soaked in milk, mix.
Step 3 In the meantime, cook 1 egg, rub the cheese very finely (so that it can completely melt during cooking) and chop the greens, you can add a little garlic.
Step 4. We also cut the boiled egg finely, mix and add salt to the mixture. This is the filling.
Step 5 Now the most crucial stage in the preparation of fish cakes. Wet hands in cold water or grease palms with vegetable oil. Take a large piece of minced fish and make it flat. Put a little filling in the center.
Step 6 And wrap the edges, as when sculpting a pie.
Step 7 Now carefully breaded cutlets. It's time to fry.
Step 8 First, fry the fish patty on one side over high heat for 5 minutes, and then on moderate (on the other hand) another 7-10 minutes. During this time, the cheese is guaranteed to melt. In the case of other fillings, you can fry, as usual.
It turns out these delicious and juicy fish cakes.
Tasty and juicy stuffed fish patties
Every day, delicious recipes and interesting information, subscribe to our page! We are 30,000!